Commercial Truck Maintenance Tips
Important Money Saving Information
Diesel engines are the most expensive part of your Mitsubishi commercial truck but also the most overlooked for proper maintenance. Industry experts estimate 40% of diesel truck engine downtime is caused by cooling systems problems. Understanding the common problems and implementing proven preventative maintenance practices significantly reduces operating costs. All cooling system problems are virtually 100% preventable. Checking and replacing certain components at the manufacturer’s suggested intervals will dramatically reduce down time and prevent bigger, more costly problems. $200 to $300 more added on to a commercial diesel truck service may seem like a lot at the time but it will seem like nothing when you need to replace that $15,000 commercial diesel truck engine and rent a truck for 2 weeks!
- Check or replace your coolant every 100,000 miles or every other year.
- Replace your belts, hoses, fan clutch, thermostat, water pump every 5 years or 150,000 miles. Why wait until they fail on the road?
- Don’t consider your 6,000 mile service just an oil change. Let your dealership perform the necessary inspection and perform the recommend preventative maintenance repairs.
- Saving a little money paying for a inexpensive oil change will only lead to unexpected repairs.
- Adjust your engine valve clearance every 30,000 miles.
- Regularly check and replace your air filter as needed.
- Replace your fuel filter every 12,000 miles or every other service.
We take pride in all the Mitsubishi commercial trucks we sell at Diamond Sales and Service. Please let us properly take care of yours!